Looking for a fun filled family vacation? Where the Atlantic Ocean meets Chesapeake Bay you will find Virginia Beach, a resort city listed in the Guinness Book of Records as having the longest pleasure beach in the world. The beaches here are the primary attraction from the bustling activity of Virginia Beach to the secluded sand dunes of Sandbridge and the tranquil calm shallow waters of Chesapeake Bay. Surf the natural reef at 1st Street Jetty or the quiet surfing spot of Croatan, kayak the waters of Back Bay National Wildlife Refuge, catch crabs off Chesapeake Beach or cruise the three mile famous boardwalk connecting miles of beaches. This iconic boardwalk is where Virginia Beach comes alive with exciting entertainment, bustling nightlife, shops, fresh seafood restaurants, concerts and coffee shops. A trip to the vibrant and eclectic town center offers an eclectic mix of dining, shopping and entertainment.
Virginia Beach is rich in natural surroundings and outdoor activities. Explore the miles of untamed beach at Back Bay Wildlife Refuge and hike along the beach to False Cape State Park. Fish in the lakes at Mount Trashmore Park, the highest point in Virginia Beach or hike the trails through cypress trees at nearby First Landing State Park. Head to Virginia Beach’s richest fishing grounds at Great Neck or stand up paddle on Chesapeake Bay. Golfers have access to beautiful and challenging championship courses by designed golfing legends. On the land and in the water, adventure is to be found all along this beautiful coastline.
- Cape Henry Lighthouses - Climb to the top of the historic Cape Henry Light Tower and enjoy breathtaking views of the Atlantic Ocean and the Chesapeake Bay.
- Old Coast Guard Station – Learn about Virginia Beach’s early history, maritime heritage and shipwrecks at this museum.
- Ocean Breeze Waterpark – Tube, slide and ride the waves at this sprawling water park.
- The Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Center – Explore the ocean through exhibits, touch tanks and aquariums followed by a show at the Imax 3D Theater.
- The Children's Museum of Virginia – A young explorers wonderland with a state-of-the-art planetarium, rock wall and hours of fun for young and old.
- Atlantic Wildfowl Heritage Museum – Located in the historical de Witt Cottage on the Boardwalk, this museum captures the history of Virginia Beach and the migration of the wildfowl.
- Virginia Museum of Contemporary Art – Discover 20th century works of art through creative exhibits.
- The Chrysler Museum of Art – A world-renowned collection of art, glass works and furniture from many cultures.
- Thoroughgood House – Walk in the footsteps of Adam Thoroughgood, one of Virginia’s first colonists at Thoroughgood House.
- Va. Beach Firefighters Museum – Visit the first fire & police station in Virginia Beach built in 1924.
- Oceana Naval Air Station - Enjoy a memorable tour of the US Navy’s Master Jet Base, NAS Oceana,
- Nauticus, The National Maritime Museum – a high-tech maritime science center takes you into the depths of the ocean.
- The Battleship Wisconsin (Norfolk) – explore the decks of one of the largest and last battleships ever built by the U.S. Navy.
Virginia Beach – a destination with small town charm and big city adventure.